Saturday, June 16, 2018

One Year Later...

Hi, Josh here.

It has been over a year since I started this Rias Gremory figure from my last post http://metarealia.blogspot.com/2017/04/how-much-clay-do-you-need-to-make-18th.html and I have finally I got some improvement.



In part, I got an inspiration spark from the current season of High School DxD, which I enjoy very much, and in part because I'm visiting Japan this summer and I'll be visiting Wonder Festival 2018 Summer, of course. So, I would like to talk and show some of my work with fellow Japanese figure sculptors.

So, without further delay, here are the photos:












The wings at detachable, so maybe I'll be able to make the option to display here with or without the wings (though, I love Rias' wings, so I want them present all the time) when it's finally finished.

She has an arm-band on her left arm, which might be able to notice. This is mainly because, everyone does those weird "arm-rings" as a kinda cheap solution for the sake of assembly and I wanted to try to avoid that by putting something else. I'll put one of those bands they use at schools in Japan with the legend "buchou" (president) written in Kanji, and maybe have it purposely crossed out to say "Rias" written in Katakana overlapped (people who follow the series might understand).

On the right arm however... I tried by doing a stylized hair extension, but couldn't anything that satisfied me for the moment, so I'll think on a thin arm band that would resemble some laces and maybe a little flower accessory or so.

You might notice that the "ahoge" is looks a little bit flat to the front (and.. maybe too long, but I kinda like it that way). Well, that is because I wanted to add a beach hat, while still preserving the ahoge. What I think I'll do later on is to make two detachable versions in order to display her with and without the hat with their respective ahoge's at different angles.

Here is her with the hat on:












Of course, this is a prototype, so it is done in different parts that would require assembly. My plan is to make a mold and cast some copies to do more stuff of my liking with the, some "mod" versions of sort; especially with the base body.

Here is a picture of all the pieces so far:


I might break down the back hair into two pieces at least later on for the mold's sake.

Next, is refining the details before preparing the surface and priming to finally start making the molds. It's still halfway through, but I'm very satisfied so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment